Filed under Prom

Is prom worth the money?

Prom is one of the last dance of high school year for a senior and the main one most of the seniors talk about.

If you are a senior, Prom maybe be worth the money, because it may be the last time you have fun with friends before graduation. But not all seniors are all hyped up about Prom, because there is other ways to have fun.

Prom is a dance that has been around the longest and a memory that would stick to someone that went and had a great time.

“I bought my tickets when they were cheaper, but even if I didn’t buy the tickets early I would still spend the money because it’s the last event that would be a good experience,” said senior Johana Medina.

Prom is always brought up when school is almost over. Prom should be spent with loved ones, so you could look back and have an experience that is unforgettable.

“I think that Prom is worth the money because everyone I personally know is going and is it an event that is special,” said senior Noel Salinas. “Also Prom should be spent with the people you care about and love.”

Prom isn’t just a dance like Sadie’s.  It’s the most well-known dance that even a freshman can’t wait to experience.

Prom is a dance that is to be elegant and to be yourself and just have a great time for being a high school student.

“Yes, Prom is worth the money, because it’s a special moment that you will only do in your senior year even though I personally didn’t go,” said hall monitor Ms. Castro. “Then you get to go on a date and have fun and the elegance with the dress that you get to wear and it’s really cool because it’s like going to a fancy dance.”

Even though it’s stressful to find your perfect dress for Prom it will always be worth it at the end. Prom is another adventure to have with friends and people you’ve known the longest.

However not everyone goes to Prom and some people have a different perspective on what Prom is and how they feel about it.

Prom isn’t just one amazing experience you could have with friends or people you care and love about.

“Prom is not worth the money, tickets rise in price frequently for those who wish to go to their last high school dance which is pointless,” said senior Joceline Torez. “A large amount money goes towards Prom just for a “memorable night” when a memorable night can be made in another alternative using the money that would be put into Prom.”