Filed under Prom

Is it a good idea to wear heels to prom?

Prom season is coming and everyone is excited for it.

“I think it’s a good idea to bring heels to Prom as long as you practiced walking in them beforehand and you bring an extra pair if necessary,” said sophomore Tenaya Sterling.

It is a good idea to practice walking in heels, because you don’t want to hurt yourself while dancing or when you are walking.

“I think it’s too tiring, but if they want to then they should go for it,” said senior James Taylor.

Wearing heels does get tiring, so if you think you can’t stand it for a long period of time, then don’t bring them, but if you are up for the challenge then do it.

“This shouldn’t even be a question. Girls should be able to express themselves with their clothing as long as it’s not outside of dress code,” said sophomore Amanda Gutschall.

Nowadays, people have found a way to sexualize girls’ clothing and heels are one of them.

“In my opinion I do not think it would be a good idea to wear heels to Prom,” said freshman Alexus Swearingen. “I think this because there will be after parties, lots of dancing, and I’m sure you won’t be staying for ten minutes. So with all of this by the end of the night you will be carrying your shoes out the door. Also when in heels the excitement definitely lessens when your feet are killing you. So with this why not pair that beautiful dress with some flats and have the best night of your high school life without the aching feet.”

You definitely don’t want your aching feet to ruin your high school Prom and you also don’t want to be carrying them in your hands.

“It’s a good idea just for the picture so that they can be comfortable for the pictures, but after just bring a pair of tennis shoes,” said senior Jesse Allen.

If you want to wear heels for the pictures so you can look better than it is a good idea and after the pictures wearing comfortable shoes is a very good idea so your feet don’t hurt.

“Yes, it makes them look nice, and makes them look fancier,” said junior Scott Whalin.

If you are looking for a more fancy look then go for heels and heels are designed to make your legs look better so if you want to look fancy and to make your legs look better then you should definitely go for it.

All in all, it is up to you and your personal preference to wear heels or not. Women can wear and make decisions on their own and they don’t need people to tell them what to wear and what not to wear. If heels make you feel confident then go ahead and wear them, it’s all what the person wants and how they feel.