Soccer’s Alexandra Trinidad Returns After Dominant Junior Season

Photo by Jennifer Arevalo

Photo by Jennifer Arevalo

Angel Arreola, Staff Writer

Alexandra Trinidad is a returning Miner from last year’s regional-winning girls’ soccer team, back and ready for another season.

Trinidad returns as a senior and is now one of the leaders in the squad and the face of the team.

“I can’t wait for the season and create history one last time before I graduate,” said Trinidad.

She played a big part on the team and has done so much for the team like scoring twice in the regional finals bringing home their very first championship.

“I hope to win the state championship because that’s all that’s missing,” Trinidad said.

Trinidad ended the year with 31 goals and three assists last season, while breaking the Sunrise Mountain High School record which will stand on the mountain for a while.

“I hope to score a lot more goals this season and help us win more matches,” Trinidad said.

Considering that Trinidad is a key player and top scorer on the team, we should expect her to have a goal ratio of at least 1.0, meaning a goal a game.

The team has had some tough non-conference opponents to start the season as they’ve lost three of their four games to Legacy, Northland Prep in Arizona and Tech. However, the team should fare much better once they reach conference play as they already defeated conference foe Moapa Valley, even though it was considered to be in a non-conference game.