Another College Fair Is Coming Up on Wednesday

Photo by Sarah Sharron

Photo by Sarah Sharron

Jayden Schanen, Staff Writer

WACAC (Western Association of College Admissions Counseling) College Fair provides students with opportunities to meet representatives from colleges from all around the country. This year the fair is being held at Rancho on October 24th.

Students will have the opportunity to discuss courses that are offered by the institutions, the requirements for financial aid, and information about the college selection process.

“We prefer juniors get an idea of what college they want to go to and make sure they’re eligible by senior year to fill out the application,” counselor Mr. Teran said. “Most students chose to attend the CCSD college fair at Valley last week on the 17th, but it doesn’t matter where you attend, as long as you’re exposed to new colleges and what they offer.”

The fair is for anyone, but mainly juniors and seniors should go to get an idea of what college they want to attend, the courses that are offered at different ones, and most importantly, what they need to be eligible for the college of their choice.

“When students do their research they’re better informed and it’s easier to choose a school,” Said Teran.

If you’re interested in attending the fair, it will be this Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. If you’d like more information, you can see Mr. Teran in the 800 office.