Theater’s First Play Of School Year Is A Big Success

Back to Article
Back to Article

Photo by Jennifer Arevalo

Photo by Jennifer Arevalo

Photo by Jennifer Arevalo

Jayden Schanen, Staff Writer

“The Long Red Herring” is Sunrise Mountain’s first show of the year that made its debut November 14th – 16th. The story of the six students who were assigned an unusual task by their teacher kept the audience on the edge of their seats throughout the two acts.

The new actors who made their acting debut this year fit the role of their characters perfectly, making the audience laugh and feel the emotions of the characters.

“The show was pretty interesting,” said junior Evalyn Faraon. “I was shook at the ending.”

The show focused on Professor Kleine who assigned her students to a murder mystery at her own home. The nervous (though they won’t admit it) students work together to find clues that would show who was murdered, and by who.

However, as the night continues on, they also become the victims of the murderer, but are they really? The murderer is revealed to be the most unlikely person, until she learns it was all set up, her gun wasn’t loaded, and her classmates are alive.

Instead of being an assignment for her class, the whole thing was just to cover up what Professor Kleine does at the end. The real murder of the night was when she shot her husband, the show ending with her calling the police and telling them her students had come while she was gone to complete their assignment.

“I lost sleep because of this show,” said Kirsten Gonzalez, who played Professor Kleine. “But it was fun.

“The Long Red Herring” introduced many new actors to the Sunrise Mountain Theatre company, and we hope to see them do an amazing job next semester for the spring musical.