2019 Prom Made To Be One For The Books

Back to Article
Back to Article

2019 Prom Made To Be One For The Books

Photo by Rosario Chavez

Photo by Rosario Chavez

Photo by Rosario Chavez

Prom is a formal dance that has been around for a very long time. A Prom’s main purpose is to celebrate a senior’s final and last school dance. However, lower classes are still able to attend if they get invited.

This event is supposed to be a special one. So how was Sunrise Mountain’s Prom this year?

“I expected it to be fun, amazing, and just imagined everyone getting along,” says senior Fatima Carillo, “That’s exactly how it turned out to be and I couldn’t be any happier.”

Students were dancing, singing, and jumping all over the place. At some point students also created a mosh pit.

“As my last school dance, I can definitely say I enjoyed it,” says senior Diego Aburto. “I had a really great time with all of my friends, it was a blast.”

The theme for Sunrise’s Prom this year was, “Waltz Around the World.” The decorations each represented some part of the world.

“Helping with the set up was just as fun as the dance itself,” said junior Alexa Salmeron. “Being able to have experienced it only makes me excited for my actual Prom next year.”

Some students even went all out with their group of friends. They rented party buses for before and after Prom.

“As someone who doesn’t usually attend those type of school events, I can say I had a good time,” said senior Joel Villicana. ”For it being my first and last school dance I attend, it was nice seeing the people around me happy.”

For the most part it seems like a lot of students enjoyed it. If any of you get the chance to go, you should definitely take it.