Who Is Going To Win Super Bowl 2020?

Lizbeth Martin, Sports Writer

The Super Bowl is one of the most watched program on television in the United States, and the second most watched program world-wide. The Super Bowl is an unofficial holiday in the U.S., but more food is eaten on that day after Thanksgiving.

The Super Bowl, between the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs, is going to be on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020, at 6:30pm ET at Hard Rock Stadium. The 49ers have won five Super Bowls throughout their history, while the Kansas City Chiefs haven’t been to the Super Bowl since 1969 when they won their first Super Bowl.

The Chiefs have a -121 money line, have implied odds of 54.75% to win the Super Bowl. Meanwhile, the 49ers have +105 making them the slight underdogs. The 49ers have a 47.78% of winning the super bowl.

Kansas City Chiefs is America’s favorite  to win the Super Bowl. With so many Americans waiting on the day of the Super Bowl, both teams have immense pressure on them.

“The 49ers are most likely to win the Super Bowl since they have made more appearances than the Chiefs,” said junior Lauren Arias.

The 49ers have more Super Bowl championships then the Chiefs. The 49ers have a won Super Bowl championships between 1981 through 1994, led by their all-time hall of famers Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lot, and much more.

“I am rooting for Kansas City Chiefs, because they don’t have a lot of championships like the 49ers do,” said sophomore Melanie Villanueva. “I would like to see some history happen at the Super Bowl.”

If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl they will become the second longest Lombardi Trophy drought among teams that have already won a Super Bowl.

“I simply want to see a good game, but if I had to choose a team then my team would be the 49ers, because their from San Francisco, said sophomore Juan Gomez. “Nevada us close to California, so that the reason I’m hoping for the 49ers to win.”

People from the West Coast are mostly rooting for the 49ers, and people from the East Coast are rooting for the Chiefs.  The Super Bowl is one of the most waited games of the year.

The Super Bowl is estimated to be watched by 114.4 million people from around the world. The half time show will also be a big talk, because Jennifer Lopez and  Shakira are going to be performing, making it their Super Bowl debut. Overall the Super Bowl is going to be seen by millions of people from all around the world.