Disney+ Review Still Gets Solid Reviews Six Months Into Release

Jennifer Rodriguez, News/Entertainment Writer

Disney Plus first launched on November 12th, 2019, in the United States, Canada, and Netherlands, with a cost of $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year.

Disney Plus is like Netflix and Hulu, because it allows you to watch old movies and shows that you wanted to or never got the chance to watch.

“I think it’s better than Netflix and Hulu in my opinion,”  said sophomore Jeyson Coreas. “I get to relive my childhood with any show or movie that was on Disney.”

Yeah Netflix and Hulu have some Disney movies, but they don’t have all of the old show we use to watch when we were younger.

Disney plus has shows and movies that we grew up watching, and don’t really come on TV anymore for whatever reason.

It gives us a chance to relive our childhood by watching shows like That’s so Raven, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, and much more.

“I think it’s a good app,” said senior Jobana Nunez “It brings back memories from our childhood.”

We get to share our childhood memories of watching these old shows and movies with our younger sibling, nieces, and nephews.

Not just Disney stuff is on the app there is Star Wars and Marvels so it brings in more people that like watching that type of stuff.

“I don’t use it, but I think it’s a way of getting money squeezed out of us,” said senior Kelley Vaca. “It targets our childhood memories, which is a feeling we don’t want to let go of.”

Although a lot of people have got Disney Plus and have been using it for a while, some people chose not to get it because they don’t find the point of getting Disney Plus.

“At first I didn’t know how to feel about the app,” said senior Angeles Dominguez “Now that I have used the app, I actually like the app because it brings back old memories,”

At first, most people didn’t know what to expect out of this app because Disney isn’t the same as it use to be when we use to watch.

After having the app for a while it has actually been good, and it’s something that a lot of people use on the daily.

You can say that Disney Plus has had some success, and people actually really like watching the shows/movies that are on the app.