SPRING PREVIEW: Baseball Team Has High Expectations

Photo by Edgar Garcia

Edgar Garcia, Sports Writer

Sunrise baseball is just right around the corner with their first game on March 6th against Pahranagat.

With new coaches and new players can they get far this year.

“We have a some excellent athletes, Edgar Garcia, being the most complete on the field. I am hoping he can bring class character on the field,” said coach Taylor.

” I’m excited to play this season, but also a little nervous,” said sophomore Joe Garcia, “but it’s cool that me and my older brother Edgar get to play and represent Sunrise together.”

“I’m not nervous,” said senior Angel Mora. “Maybe its because its my last year as a Miner, so I kinda know what I’m getting into. These team looks like we can get far this year. We having great pitching and excellent hitting.”

“I feel like its gonna be a really long season, because not all of us are on the same page, but with me Angel Mora, Isaiah Gonzales, Jamie Escobedo, Joe Garcia, Edgar Garcia, we can take this team to playoffs,” said junior Iverson Rowland.

“My goal is to turn these young men into gentlemen,” said Taylor. “We’re gonna lose some and win some were gonna have to learn from our mistakes.”

Taylor was asked to come in and take over as coach after the previous coach, coach Morales left. He said he’s training his team to be faster and stronger.

“We start every practice with base running everyday after we warm up, we hit the weight room for hitting power,” said Taylor. “I want these men to adapt to this heat.”

“It sucks Morales left, but coach Taylor is the guy he’s pushing us to work hard every day getting us ready for the season were all motivated to take on what ever is in front of us,” said Mora.

Can this Sunrise baseball team get far this year with new training strategies. The new coach has everyone motivated all his players are ready to go.