CCSD Presents Plan To Open Sunrise Mountain For Freshmen, Seniors On March 22

Some students stepped onto campus earlier this week to take their ACT tests. However, it’s possible more students could be back on campus soon.

Students could be back on campus soon.

Within the past couple of weeks, Gov. Steve Sisolak announced a plan to adjust social-distancing restrictions on public gatherings. What does this mean for students in Clark County?

As a result of this recent press conference, Gov. Sisolak’s plan opened or provided a path to reopen schools.

Therefore, CCSD Superintendent Dr. Jesus F. Jara presented a timeline for the return of students to in-person classes. Of course, the plan still has to be approved by the school board and the teacher’s union. However, it’s the first step in the potential return of students to Sunrise Mountain High School.

CCSD’s plan for reopening schools is to have select grades return periodically. They will do this with the welfare of students and staff being top priority.

In the case that students and families choose to review the Hybrid Instructional Model Implementation Guide, it is available in both English and Spanish at reconnect.ccsd.net. What things will look like when students get on campus will be different from previous five-day attendance.

Freshmen and seniors at Sunrise Mountain will be able to return to in-person instruction as soon as March 22nd.
Following them, if the plan flows accordingly, the 10th and 11th grade students (Sophomores and Juniors), will be able to return on April 6th.

All grades will be returning under the Hybrid Instructional Model.

However, full-time distance education is still an option for those who are more comfortable learning from home.