There Are Still Plenty of Active Clubs To Join For Remainder Of Year

Improv Club is one of many clubs offered at Sunrise Mountain.

If you were curious about the clubs here at Sunrise Mountain, this story is for you. Here are all of the clubs offered this year and what they are about! Remember to email any of the advisors if you are interested in joining any of the clubs.

You may be thinking the school year is almost done but it is never too late to try and join! If you are interested or have questions about any of the clubs make sure you contact the advisor/s of the club!

“I think it is never too late to join a club or to be a part of any organization or activity,” said assistant principal Ms. Loewy. “Joining a club now can help give a student direction for what they would like to be a part of next school year and will connect them to the advisor and students so they’re prepared when school starts in August.”

The ALL IN CLUB is an all inclusive social interactive club where students are able to join the Google meet to hang out, have fun,and talk to all of their peers! The club meets every Tuesday at 2:15 p.m. in the Google Meet “44allin” with advisor Ms. Longoria-Buffington ([email protected]). 

The ART CLUB is for students who are interested in practicing arts to sharpen their skills, develop their techniques and portfolios, collaborate with other students like themselves, and create a community through arts! Club meetings are every Tuesday at 2:15 p.m. in the Google Meet “446SMHSArtClub” with advisor Ms. Mackay ([email protected]).

The AUTO CLUB SKILLSUSA is a club that empowers its members to become world-class workers, leaders, and responsible American citizens. They seek to improve the quality of the nation’s future skilled workforce through the development of SkillsUSA Framework skills that include workplace and technical skills grounded in academics with an emphasis on Automotive Technology! This club meetings every Wednesday at 2 p.m. in the Google Meet “446SMHSSkillsAuto” with advisor Mr. Pumphrey ([email protected]).

The Black Student Union also known as the BSU is a network of students that are inspired by academic and profession success. They promote activities that enhance positive citizenship, cultural awareness, and career preparation! Club meetings are held every 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month at 2:30 pm in the Google Meet “Blackstudentunion446smhs” with advisor Mr. Paul ([email protected]).

The CODING CLUB is a club where you can code your games and apps, and participate in computer science competitions! This club meets every Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. in the Google Meet “446SMHSCodingClub” with advisor Ms.Gwara ([email protected]).

DA HEAT SQUAD is a hip hop dance group for highly energetic and motivated students. They usually perform at assemblies, sports events, lunch time events, and social media! The club meets every Thursday at 3:45 p.m. in the Google Meet “446SMHSHeatSquad” with Ms. Sewell ([email protected]).  

The DRAMA CLUB & INTERNATIONAL THESPIAN SOCIETY provides students with the opportunity to produce and perform plays and productions. All students are invited to join regardless of whether they are enrolled in a theater or theater tech class! Club meetings are everything Thursday at 2:30 p.m. in the Google Meet “446SMHSdramaclub” with advisor Ms. Fahning ([email protected]).

The MINER MELODIES club provides a safe-space for all music lovers to learn how to improve their voices and to ultimately reach their full potential in singing and performing. Students work on helping each and every singer improve their voices through collaboration, evaluation, and motivation! Club meetings are held every Monday at 2:15 p.m. in the Google Meet “446SMHSminermelodies” with advisor Mr. Manzanillo ([email protected]).

The ROBOTICS CLUB works on different technologies that range from applications of programming and computer science to building large robots out of a variety of different materials. They use emerging technologies such as Augmented Reality, 3D Printing, Machining, Robot Arms, and other platforms to learn and apply different solutions to challenges presented throughout the school year in form of competitions! This club meets every Wednesday at 2:15 p.m. in the Google Meet “446SMHSRoboticsClub” with advisor Mr. Nguyen ([email protected]).

The SENIOR CLASS club is a club that plans all senior events and activities like senior sunrise, senior week, senior sunset, etc! The club meets are held every 1st and 3rd Monday at 2:30pm in the Google Meet “446SMHSClassof21” with advisors Ms. Kingsley ([email protected]) and Ms. Venegas ([email protected]).

SKILLS USA is a club where members are empowered to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible citizens. Their vision is to produce the most highly skilled workforce in the world, providing every member the opportunity for career success! Club meetings are every Wednesday at 2pm in the Google Meet “446SMHSSkillsUSA” with advisors Mr. Price ([email protected]), Mr. Roberts ([email protected]) , Ms. Mcdermott ([email protected]) , Ms. Aquino ([email protected]) , and Mr. Pumphrey ([email protected]).

The WEB DESIGN CLUB is an extension of the SkillsUSA club devoted to improving the design and development of the web. They are covering advanced coding skills with concepts such as gaming, commercial, etc! This club meetings every Tuesday at 2:15pm in the Google Meet “446SMHSWebDesignClub” with advisor Ms. McDermott ([email protected]).

The CULTURA PROJECT is an organization for all students that strives to raise cultural awareness and appreciation for the richness and beauty of Latin America! Club meetings are held on Mondays at 2:20pm in the Google Meet “446SMSCulturaProject” with advisor Ms. Villalobos ([email protected]).

The SOPHOMORE CLASS club is in charge of planning the Sadie Hawkins dance in the spring and also plans and coordinates activities throughout the school year for the sophomore class and to assist the upperclassmen and Student Council! This club meets on Mondays at 2:15pm in the Google Meet “SMHSSophomoreClassof2023” with advisor Ms. Anderson ([email protected]).

The GARDEN CLUB allows students to learn the basics of vegetable gardening, participate in farmers’ markets, cook and eat organic foods, and meet people in the community who have an interest in organic gardens! The club meets every Thursday at 2:30pm in the Google Meet “446SMHSGardenClub” with advisor Ms. Gwara ([email protected]). 

The GAMING CLUB involves playing board games, card games, and Dungeons & Dragons! The club meetings every Friday with Mr. Rokitka ([email protected]) at 2:30 pm in the Google Meet “446SMHSGamingClub.”

The FORENSIC SCIENCE CLUB explores the world of forensic science. They are preparing to compete at SkillsUSA Leadership Conference! Club meets on Wednesdays at 2 pm with Mr. Roberts ([email protected]) in the Google Meet “446SMHSForensicScience”.

The FRESHMAN CLASS club allows the 9th grade class to meet, plan, and coordinate activities throughout the school year for the freshman class and assist the upperclassmen and Student Council! This club meets every Tuesday at 2:30 pm with Ms. Miller ([email protected])  in the Google Meet “446SMHS-FreshmanCommittee.”

The FEMALE UNITED ASSOCIATION club helps young women within the community. It gives young women in high school an opportunity to help other females understand the needs of other females. This club is dedicated to helping charitable groups and local community centers with products and services! Club meets are every Thursday at 2:30 pm with Ms. Smith ([email protected]) in the Google Meet “446smhsdemalesunitedassociationclub.”

The EQUALITY CLUB is a safe space for all SMHS students regardless of gender or orientation working to cultivate community and discussion on campus! Club meets with Ms. Gwara ([email protected]) every Friday at 2:30 pm in the Google Meet “446SMHSEqualityClub.”

The DRUMLINE club is Sunrise Mountain High School’s premier indoor percussion ensemble. Theyusually compete in various shows around the Las Vegas Valley and compete against other high schoolsIf you are interested in this club email Ms. Cresap at [email protected]

The HOSA-FUTURE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS is a career and technical student organization specifically dedicated to preparing students for careers in a health science career. The goal is to help students interested in the health field to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience! Club meetings are held every Thursday at 2:15 in the Google Meet “446smhsHOSA” with advisors Ms. Zhou ([email protected]) and Mr. Manzanillo ([email protected]).

The IMPROV CLUB has performing improvisational comedy, made up on the sport, as part of the High School Jesters Improv League competition! This club meets every Wednesday at 2:30 pm with Mr. Rokitka ([email protected]) in the Google Meet “446SMHSImprovClub.”

The INTERACT CLUB is a rotary-sponsored service club for young people. It gives young people, mainly high school students, an opportunity to participate in fun and meaningful service projects to help others in the community! The club meets on Mondays in the Google Meet “446smhsInteractclub” with advisors Ms. Smith ([email protected]), Ms. Speck ([email protected]), and Mr. Pogozelski ([email protected]).

The JAPANESE CLUB focuses on learning the Japanese language and culture. They are attempting to master hiragana, katakana, kanji, as well as basic greetings or conversation. They share information about Japanese related events and language tests that can benefit students! Club meetings are every Thursday at 2:15pm with advisor Ms. Mackay ([email protected])  in the Google Meet “446SMHSJapanese.”

The JUNIOR CLASS club helps plan and assist the seniors with their events throughout the year. The junior class also plans and hosts prom, the 2nd biggest event of the year! Club meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 2:30 pm with advisor Ms. Metcalfe ([email protected]) in the Google Meet “446smhsjrs22.”

The MAJORETTES is a baton twirling team that performs dance, rhythmic movement, and basic gymnastics. No dance of gymnastic experience required to join! The club meets every Monday and Thursday at 3 pm with Ms. Crawford ([email protected]) in the Google Meet “446SMHSMinerettes.”