Returning To School Brings A Feeling Of Normality

The greatest excitement this year has given students so far is, Going Back to School. However, not all students aren’t too excited about returning and have opted to stay at home. 

Now this is completely fine as some students still don’t feel safe to come back, but for those of you have decided to stay at home for other reasons, I’m here to tell you why you should come back. 

The foremost reason in everyone’s mind for coming back to school is to be able to see their friends. 

In all honesty, I also considered that as a factor for my decision to return. Like most students I also missed hanging out with my friends at school, walking through the hallways, and laughing in the cafeteria. 

I can’t tell you that it is the same now but it’s still nice to think of school as an actual building instead of a screen and actually sit at a desk. 

I’m not sure how but simply the change of entering the building places my mind in a different state, it’s like I know it’s time to start learning and get focused as opposed to when I’m home and my brain just cannot seem to enter concentration mode. 

The difference of scenery has definitely helped me become more productive with my school work. This is definitely another reason students should reconsider their return to school. 

Something I noticed the very first day back to school happened during my third period. I noticed that because the teacher was right in front of me I actually did the work when she said to do the work. 

For example, if we were writing a small paragraph, I wrote the paragraph in the time that was given. 

When I was home and was asked to write a paragraph, I would say, “I’ll just do it later.” 

This usually meant that I would do it about a day before it was due along with five other assignments because I forgot about it and now I’m rushing to do it at 11 o’clock at night. 

Some students can say well we’re only going back for two days at a time and it won’t make much a difference in my grades. 

I’m here to tell you that it will make a big difference. We haven’t been back too long and my workload has already become less because I’m actually doing my assignments on time so I am not worrying about them later. 

It could also be said, ‘well, just do your work on time at home so that’s not a problem and I still don’t have to go back to school.’ 

Trust me, I knew what the solution to my problem was, but I just couldn’t seem to focus at home. Some days it would work but for the most part I could never focus with online school. 

I’m here to tell you to at least try it out. It is easy to change cohorts. If you don’t see a difference, and although I can’t guarantee improvement because everyone is different. 

I am almost certain that you will see some change if you do decide to come back and join us.